Saturday, September 13, 2008

Make Way for a New Tooth!

It finally happened...Chloe lost her first tooth!

She has had two very wiggly bottom teeth for quite some time - and we have tried to talk her in to wiggling them the rest of the way out - especially since one of her new teeth has been growing in behind the baby tooth!

In fact, we have some incriminating photos from about a week ago (taken by Madelynne) of Jason and me simply trying to wiggle her tooth/teeth. She had been crying throughout dinner, complaining that she couldn't eat because her loose teeth were hurting so much. Being that we had to pin her down to even get near her mouth, the pictures are absolutely awful...and make it look like we are putting her through some sort of horrible method of torture [NOTE: in this picture, taken about 10 days ago, her two front teeth were spontaneously bleeding - we had not touched them!].


But, alas, all of our attempts had thus far been fruitless...as Chloe has NOT wanted her teeth to come out! She has been convinced that it will hurt - after all, blood is involved!

The tooth has literally been hanging on by a thread and tonight she very carefully (after some talking-in-to by Mommy and Daddy) plucked it out. It bled very little, she put it in a baggie, and then posed for a few pictures.

With her lost tooth...

Big Sis had to get in on the action...

Showing her other loose tooth...

As I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight, with the promise of a visit by the tooth fairy tonight, I asked Chloe if losing her first tooth was as bad as she thought it would be.

"No," she replied with a sheepish grin. "I think I want to lose another one...but not tonight - it's too late!"

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations, Chloe Anne! What BIG news!!!

I can't WAIT to see it tomorrow and hear you tell us all about it! I hope that the tooth fairy is good to you, you cutie pie!! :-)

Jaci said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations Chloe!:)