Last night, we decided it was finally time for our little Lukas to have a haircut. He is 3 1/2 years old and his hair grows like a weed! I'm not kidding! He had GORGEOUS curly locks when he was younger - I think we gave him his firth haircut shortly before or after he turned two (I would know these things had I been blogging at the time, huh?). It was when strangers began telling me how cute my three little GIRLS were! :-)
It turns out, Lukas DESPISES getting his hair cut. He is deathly afraid of the clipper and we practically have to put him in a headlock to get the job done. Now, if you know Lukas, you know he is ALL BOY, rough and tumble, headstrong; he's kind of like a "bull in a china shop"... But, like all kids, I suppose, when it comes to certain things, he is super-sensitive - some days he can even be downright SWEET (I'll have to post about his remarks on getting married some day...).
Here is just a little "snip"pet from our evening of "shear" enjoyment:
Lukas is ready for his haircut (he had been "growing it long" for awhile...)
Daddy had him all set up with his Play Station - how hard could this be?
Whoops - the reaction to the clipper being turned on...
Screams of terror...
Mom gets the clippers now; Dad holds down Lukas; Madelynne (our 7-year old) continues taking pictures...
20-some minutes later, a little hair in the mouth, A LOT less hair on the head...


5 comments:
You did it, Lukas! Good job, buddy!!! :-) And, I do have to say...you looked SO handsome today with your new haircut!!!
Mom and Dad...congrats on another "round" of hair-cutting...yes, until "next time"...
Hey, at least you have something to look forward to in another couple of months or so!! :-)
Thanks for the "shear" pleasure of reading this blog and seeing the pictures!! It was great!
Aww...what a cutie! I remember those cute curls on him. :)
I remember when I was little sitting on a stool in the kitchen and my mom trimming my bangs with these super sharp green scissors. I was a cryer too. She used to blindfold me with these old flour sack dishtowels from the rag drawer and that would prevent me from getting hair in my eyes and mouth and from being able to SEE the scary scissors. Then I remember being carried out to the front stops and my mom VERY vigorously brushing all the hair off my body! It was a bit traumatic... but the blindfolds helped! :) Probably wouldn't work as well with you lil guy... maybe one of those sleep masks might? :)
I'm excited you have a blog. I look forward to keeping up on your lives!
Hey Lori! I found your blog from Kristi's. I completely understand your haircut trauma. Andrew totally freaks when he hears the clippers and forget getting them near his head! We actually had to leave the haircut place yesterday without the scissors ever touching his head. So embarrassing and humbling. I think we are going to have to try the hold-him-down method next! :) We miss you all! Tanya
Hi Lori,
I am enjoying reading everyones blogs. I relate to being a lurker on these sites. I don't comment much and I don't have one, but I LOVE reading them.
I just wanted to say how funny I thought the hair cut posting was. I was laughing so hard especially the part about having a little hair in his mouth. The pictures really helped make the story that much more funny :-)
Post a Comment