My dear and faithful friend, Kristi, is celebrating her birthday today!
I can't even begin to describe how she has been such a support and encouragement to me as I have gotten to know her more and more with each passing year. We met when she moved {back} here (as here is her hometown!) eight years ago, but we really began to establish our friendship while working on the Steering Team together in MOPS (going on five years ago!). Since then, our families have grown close (each of our three kiddos are just about the same age and the same order - two girls and a boy), we've homeschooled together, made freezer meals together, laughed, cried, wrestled through different circumstances in life together, shared lots of moments in all of the ups and downs of motherhood, we've even lived together -all the time leaning on the Lord and on each other in friendship. In a town where I don't have the support and connection of family, it's been such a blessing to have "family" here! I'm looking forward to celebrating many more birthdays with this special friend.
Happy Birthday, my dearest, sweetest friend! I love you like a sister!
Won't you wish her a Happy Birthday, too?
Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 27:9
Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.
I can't even begin to describe how she has been such a support and encouragement to me as I have gotten to know her more and more with each passing year. We met when she moved {back} here (as here is her hometown!) eight years ago, but we really began to establish our friendship while working on the Steering Team together in MOPS (going on five years ago!). Since then, our families have grown close (each of our three kiddos are just about the same age and the same order - two girls and a boy), we've homeschooled together, made freezer meals together, laughed, cried, wrestled through different circumstances in life together, shared lots of moments in all of the ups and downs of motherhood, we've even lived together -all the time leaning on the Lord and on each other in friendship. In a town where I don't have the support and connection of family, it's been such a blessing to have "family" here! I'm looking forward to celebrating many more birthdays with this special friend.
Happy Birthday, my dearest, sweetest friend! I love you like a sister!
Won't you wish her a Happy Birthday, too?
Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 27:9
Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.


3 comments:
Happy Birthday to your friend! :)
Your blog is adorable! You have a beautiful family! :)
Happy Birthday Friend! I hope you have a great celebration!:)
WOW...thanks so much, my dear friend, for this SWEET post!!! :-)
And, thanks for helping to make my birthday a great day and very special! I am so thankful for YOU and the blessing that you are to my life!
Love you!!
Post a Comment