Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

We are "on vacation" and spending some time with my mom...on her birthday!

We literally went "over the river and through the woods" to get to Grandma's house. This morning we took my mom out for breakfast at the local cafe and the kids picked out an angel food confetti cake to make for her this afternoon.

Today I'm going to try help my mom complete two scrapbooks - one that I made for her two years ago after she went to Ireland on a missions trip (I put in all of the pictures, but the journaling is not complete) and another scrapbook I said I was going to put together (of a different missions trip to an Indian reservation), but, I haven't gotten it done yet!

I just wanted to say that I love you lots, Mom. You have been such an inspiration to me of motherhood, determination, conviction, and faith. Thank you for being such a support to me and my family...and a wonderful grandma to my kids!

Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a blessing to have such a rich heritage of christian faith and I am sure it is such a joy for your mother to see it being passed on to her grandchildren! Enjoy your vacation!

P.S.
I have a few scrapbooks that I could use some help with...let me know when you're coming this way and I'll get them out

Anonymous said...

It is nice that you can spend your mom's birthday with her, it means a lot to mom's to spend them with her kids.
You are such a wonderful daughter-in-law so I want to thank your mom for raising such a super person for my son.

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, Maxine!! :-)

I know that your family loves you dearly and appreciates all that you are and all that you do for them, Maxine! I hope that you have a wonderful birthday!!

I am glad to hear that you all are having a great time "on vacation"...enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maxine, You are a wonderful woman who I am glad to say i Know.


Jen ( Jason's Sister)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lori and everyone else for the great birthday wishes!! Brought tears to my eyes to read. Also, in the hub-bub of the last couple days I want you all to know I completed my ASSIGNMENTS of getting the scrapbooks journaled AND we even made a little progress sorting through photos that have piled up the last 40 years. No wonder it doesn't inspire me to do books on a regular basis. I'd rather QUILT!