I have tried to embrace my curly-Qs.
I have TRIED to let my hair go "au natural".
I really have!
I just don't really like it.
I have thick, wavy hair, with a mind of it's own. And with age, and hormones, I guess, the coarseness and curliness have actually increased! So, I blow dry it, I use lots of "product" (you name it, I've probably tested it out), and I straighten it.
Recently, I asked my hairdresser what type of styling product I ought to be using for my hair. She handed me a bottle and said, "Why don't you try this?"
I just had to laugh. Notice the product name. CONTROL FREAK.
"Wow, that's TOTALLY me!" I remarked.
You see, I think that 99.9% of my "issues" in life stem from my inability, yet constant insistence on trying, to control what is out of my realm control.
Including (but not limited to) my hair!
I decided this will be my daily reminder. As I grab my styling product and ATTEMPT to control all of the frizz and curls, I will remember that I am NOT in control. And I will be grateful that God IS in control!
"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9


1 comment:
I hear you on struggling with "control," my friend...
Letting go and trusting God is such a DAILY thing over here too...on so many levels!!!
Oh...and by the way, as I have told you before, I think that your curly-Q hair is really cute on you!!! :-)
Post a Comment