Some people eat their lunch quietly at their desk, some go out with colleagues for a business lunch. Some people enjoy a picnic in the park, others chat around the water cooler. Some ladies get together and chat over coffee with their girlfriends.
Me? I have the honor of eating my lunch in the company of my 7 year-old, almost-6-year-old, and almost-4-year-old. As you may imagine, this can bring about some spirited discussions.
Recently, our lunch time conversation went something like this:
Madelynne: Mom, I think I have lived in four homes.
Me: You have?
Madelynne: Yes...heaven - because I was made in heaven, your tummy, our old house, and this house.
Me: OK...well, honey, you weren't exactly MADE in heaven. But God did help you to grow inside my tummy.
Madelynne: OH. Yeah. Well, I have lived in THREE homes, then.
Chloe: I think I know what color hair Jesus had.
Me: Oh really? What color was his hair?
Chloe: Brown.
Me: How do you know that?
Chloe: Because it matches with the clothes he wears! [incredulously] It wouldn't be YELLOW!
Madelynne: One time - a LONG time ago - like two or three years ago - I saw a kid at church with sticking-up hair. And, it was painted rainbow on the top! I think maybe he was celebrating the Japanese New Year. Or maybe it was the Chinese New Year.
Lukas: [laughs uproariously while chomping down some PB&J] HA! HA! HA!
*Sigh*
Care to do lunch?
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yes...I would LOVE to "do lunch" with you and your sweet kids!!! :-)
In fact, thanks for joining us today...we always love to have you guys over!
Oh...the things that kids come up with...there is never a dull moment of conversation, huh??? How fun for you to have this on "record" like this! Fun memories!!
Oh it is my favorite to have lunch with my kids. Next year Isaac tells me that I will cry everyday as he goes to kindergarten. . . what a special time it is to have luch with our kids. Enjoy every meal, every moment with them it goes by so quickly doesn't it?!! Blessings.
Jon and I had a good laugh reading about your 'lunch', we could just see Madelynne being totally serious, and Chloe being so sure that Jesus had brown not 'yellow' hair, and Lukas laughing while trying to eat PB&J...what fun!
I remember lunches with Jason and Jen when Jason would fill his mouth up and then get in our face with his mouth open...how gross!
Post a Comment