Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

I was recently tagged by my friend, Laura, over at Stepping Out of the Boat. Yikes. I wasn't ever really good at "tag", but I promised to try my best, so here goes!



I am......a 30-something-year-old stay-at-home mommy, a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a homeschool teacher; I am introspective, sensitive, sometimes serious, sometimes goofy, often more of a "thinker" than a "verbalizer".

I want......to, like Paul in Philippians 4:11-13, be content whatever the circumstances (and not have so many things that I "wish" for!)

I have......a husband who does his best to keep me young at heart and 3 beautifully unique kiddos, ages 7 1/2, almost-6, and 4.

I wish......I had more exciting things to blog about; I wish I had friends from college with whom I could keep up with in blogger-land (I DO have friends from college - just none who have blogs); I wish I had a Martha Stewart-organized, Pottery Barn-decorated home; I wish I had an awesome camera and some killer-photography skills to go along with it.

I hate......being late, forgetting important dates, losing things, chaos, and migraine headaches.

I miss......my dad, even after 10 years (and sometimes especially after 10 years!); I miss seeing my sister and others who live too far away to visit often.

I fear......losing someone close to me; I also fear big scary dogs.

I feel......deeply.

I hear......my fingers hitting the keyboard, birds chirping outside, the kids playing in the next room.

I smell......dinner in the oven (calzones - yummy!).

I crave......a deeper relationship with the Lord and a more intimate knowledge of His Word.

I search......for LOTS of things (almost everything!) online - news and information, scripture commentary, song lyrics, curriculum, shopping - I don't know what I'd do without the good ol' web!

I wonder......what heaven is like, what our resurrected bodies will look like, what path in life each of my children will take when they "grow up" - I wonder lots of things!

I regret......that my kids never got to meet their Grandpa Oscar (my dad); I regret choices I have made in life that have, in turn, brought hurt to others.

I love......God, my husband Jason, my three sweet "babies" Madelynne, Chloe, and Lukas, my family, my husband's family, dear friends, sunny days and summer evenings, campfires, family time, laughing, spending time outdoors (when it is warm!), the nothing-like-it-ness of a newborn baby.

I ache......for those whose hearts are hurting; for children who are neglected; for people who don't know Jesus and feel there is no hope.

I care......too much sometimes about what "other people" think of me!

I always......am blessed by time spent in prayer with the Lord and studying His Word; I always want my kids to know how VERY much I love them.

I am not......always gifted at communicating my thoughts and feelings.

I believe......that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died for my sins and for the sins of the world, and that He rose from the dead in victory over sin - through Him I have the gift of salvation and eternal life!

I dance......horribly, awfully, and uncoordinated-ly but my kids don't seem to mind! In fact, I think they have each inherited some of my "moves"...

I sing......the wrong lyrics most of the time, but I still love to sing.

I cry......for so many different reasons - when I am sad, when something or someone has moved, inspired, or encouraged me, when I am reading a touching book or watching a particularly splendid movie or TV show (sometimes even a commercial or game show!), when I catch glimpses of my children growing up, when I am praising the Lord, when I am tired, when I am laughing really hard.

I don't always......follow through on my intentions. :-(

I fight......to wake up early in the morning.

I write......the songs that make the whole world sing (sorry, that just came out)...let's see - I write because it helps me to process my thoughts and it's cheaper than therapy!

I never......thought I would have my own blog and I never thought that if I did, anyone would ever read it! I never thought I would homeschool, either.

I listen......because I want to hear what others have to say and I want them to know how much I care.

I need......to slow down and enjoy each MOMENT the Lord has blessed me with; I need to take time to listen for His still small voice.

I am happy......that I have a husband who supports my desire to be at home and teach my kids; I am happy for all of the amazing gifts the Lord has placed in my life! I am also happy the writer's strike is over and The Office is back on again!



OK, so there you have it. Now, I'm supposed to "tag" someone else...so, I will tag Mama Marci at Family of Five and Tanya, I'm tagging you, too (IF you want to do it - please don't feel like you have to)!


On the other hand, for all you friends and family who don't have blogs and just might happen to be reading my blog and who are breathing a sigh of relief because I can't tag you - I'm going to issue you a challenge instead - START A BLOG!

I, for one, would LOVE to read it! :-)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

That was sure FUN to read!!! :-) I love your sweet, honest heart, my dear friend!

Love ya!

Tonya said...

I love all that you shared...so beautiful.

You are good. I love peeking into the lives of people who have so much...you are so blessed...

Tonya

Jolanthe said...

great post - and great tag! Loved reading it!

Jolanthe

Anonymous said...

We love you Lori, you are a very blessed member of the Heydt family.

Jon & Vicki

Jaci said...

This was a fun little exercise...wasn't it fun being "it"???

Thanks Laura for helping is all get to know each other better yet!:)