The school year is almost over...and for this homeschool mom that means I'm thinking about next year.
Okay, okay...so I'm really thinking, "WHOO HOO...the school year is almost over!!!".
But AFTER that, I'm thinking and wondering about what I'm going to do next year! ;-)
Madelynne will be in 2nd grade and Chloe will be in 1st grade. Lukas will "officially" be in Pre-school.
Here are some of the "curricula" I've looked into (I am currently using some of these...and others I am simply interested in!):
My Father's World
Math U See
Apologia Elementary Science
A Reason for Handwriting
Spelling Power
First Language Lessons for the the Well-Trained Mind
Scaredy Cat Reading System
Wordly Wise
Abeka
Usborne Ten Terrific Weeks! Series
Are you familiar with any of these? Do you have any suggestions? Any experiences you would care to share?
I would LOVE to hear any input you might be willing to impart with me! :-)
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh my word...I use ALL (or have looked into all) of that exact same stuff!!! :-)
I too would love to hear the thoughts of any other homeschoolers out there...I am always looking to learn something new about curriculum!
What a year...yes, can you believe that it is almost over?
Thanks for being a wonderful "partner" to team up with in our journey of homeschooling!!
What a coincidence, Kristi...
Really - you know I've said it TONS - I so appreciate teaming up with YOU in this endeavor!!!
:-)
Love ya!
Dear Lori,
Here in Texas they have a "cut off" for entering Kindergarten as September 1st. My daughter Carlie's B-day is the 19th, so she missed the cut-off by 3 weeks. She'll be starting in this fall instead.
She goes to a great christian pre-school, but I really want to make sure she's on target for Kindergarten this fall. Can you recommend some good {free!} downloads that I can work on with her in the mean time?
Thanks in advance!
Love, Linda
Here's my email
lljanssen316@yahoo.com
Post a Comment