Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That's Entertainment!

Madelynne recently joined the Jr. Acro team at the local gymnastics center and had her first performance (after just two practices!) last Friday.

She was so excited to wear her new leotard...

and perform with her best bud, Mackenzie!

Although it was so very entertaining to see my daughter out there running and jumping and performing her "routine", the whole experience was also a bit emotional for me, the MOM. Madelynne is truly growing up...as I see her coming into her own, so to speak (was it really seven and a half years ago that I first met this little lady?). I even struggled a bit with allowing her to move into this class (it meets for longer hours, later at night, and she truly is one of the youngest in the group, not to mention, in all honesty, she's not exactly a "natural" gymnast). But, I was challenged to allow her to be a bit out of her comfort zone (and move out of my own, too!). I think this will be a good experience for all of us. We're very much looking forward to the next performance!

My little "point and shoot" camera didn't fare too well with the gymnasium lights, but here are a few pictures.

Pop on over to Simply One Day at a Time for an awesome recap of the performance! Thanks, Kristi, for posting the video!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, yes...it was an emotional night, wasn't it?? It was just one more "piece of evidence" that the girls are just growing up too fast!

It was fun though to watch the girls (and us too) go out of our "comfort zones" a bit and do something fun like this! They did great...and I know that they will have such fun memories of doing this!!!

Anonymous said...

Madelynne...you are such a beautiful little girl and I love you so much! You looked like you had a wonderful time in the performance. Keep having fun in your gymnastics group!
Love,
Grandma Maxine